WE ARE SORRY OUR VEGGIE CSA SHARE IS FULL FOR 2013.
(We DO have a few flower shares left!)
Want Fresh Produce Every Week?Want to Support the Youth Farm?
Weekly from June -November, you will pick up a box full of healthy and fresh produce. You will receive 6-12 items per week, sometime less sometimes more, depending on how the season
We harvest your produce that day, guaranteeing the freshest and most nutritious vegetables possible. All our food is produced organically, so it’s better for you and better for the earth.
Vegetable CSA Basics...
• Members receive a box of 6-12 vegetables and herbs every week for 20 weeks
• Pick up your share Wednesday from 2:30-6:30pm
• The CSA runs from June 20th to November 7th.
• Farm share costs between $425-$525 sliding scale. You may pay upfront or in installments.
•If you can’t use a whole share or are going away for part of the season, share a share with someone else, or donate your share while you’re gone.
Membership granted on a first come first serve basis with preference to the HSPS community.
CSA membership is not tax deductible.
What is CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture
When you join a CSA, you become a partner in the farm. Joining a CSA is like getting a magazine subscription; you join up front, and then receive a portion of what the farm produces every week. Some weeks you may get less, some you may get more. Paying up front provides the capital the farm needs at the beginning of the season, and guarantees a good home for the produce the farm will produce.
• It’s affordable! For about $20 a week, you will be getting 6-12 fresh organic vegetables and herbs; that’s a lot cheaper than buying from a supermarket!
• It’s fresh & local! All the food is produced right here at the high school, tended to and cared for by our students and farm manager. We harvest the produce the day of pick up; you can’t get fresher than that!
• It’s healthy and tasty! Because we give you the produce the same day we harvest, the produce won’t lose precious nutrients and flavor from storage or shipping. Additionally, all our produce is produced organically; that means no toxic pesticides or herbicides are in your food or polluting the environment.
2012 CSA NEWSLETTERS (see all of 2012 CSA Newsletters here)
Every week we put together a CSA Newsletter with information about the shares, recipe ideas, news and notes about the farm and an introduction to some of our staff and apprentices.