Apply to Become a Flower Apprentice!
APPLY NOW to be a flower apprentice with Farmer Molly Culver at the Youth Farm. We are growing 60 varieties of cut flowers for our farmers market and a 15-20 member flower CSA distributed locally in Brooklyn.
Flower apprentices will learn many basic sustainable farming techniques used on organic farms, as well as some specific flower production techniques. These skills include:
- Selecting cut flower varieties
- Flower propagation and seedling care
- Bed preparation techniques (we used permanent raised beds, no lumber!)
- Crop management including weeding, pest/disease ID and maintenance and trellising
- Irrigation techniques for water conservation and soil health
- Cut flower harvesting and marketing
- Bouquet making
- Weekly workshops on above topics and more!
Please apply soon: apprentices will be selected based on desire to learn, demonstrated commitment to past projects, and timing. It's June, so there's lots to be done! Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis.
For any questions about the Flower Apprenticeship, please contact email@example.com.
Read more about the Youth Farm here.