Roles and responsibilities include:
- Managing 10-15 youth farmers during cooking and food preparation lessons
- Motivating and developing leadership skills in youth with the goal of having teens lead cooking demos and create their own recipes toward the end of the season.
- Supporting teens in the creation of a supportive team environment
- Working with farm team to evaluate how youth development objectives are being met
- Motivating youth to engage in farm activities ranging from irrigation and weeding to marketing and selling at the farm stand
- Nutrition or public health background: ideal position for a college intern wanting hands on experience
- At least one season of farm/garden experience is desirable
- Manage work hours effectively with experience supervising others
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Experience with non-profits, urban farming, food preparation, and/or nutrition a plus
- MUST be available Wednesdays (10-6) and Saturdays (10-4) from July 3 through August 24th as cooking program takes place Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Additionally, it is preferable that you can also join us Fridays (10-6) to continue team building with the group.
- MUST be available for one week in May or June for farm orientation Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am-3pm each day.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Anita Singh at email@example.com. The letter should include details of your availability, as well as details about your relevant experience. There is a monetary stipend available for this position, and also fresh harvested vegetables and herbs.