May Info Sessions on the Youth Farm's Urban Farm Training Program:
Friday May 10th, 7-8:30 pm at 61 Local, 61 Bergen St. BK, NY
Saturday May 11th, 11 - 12:30pm at The Youth Farm, 600 Kingston Ave. BK, NY
Brief Description of the Urban Farm Training Program:
This is an intensive, 20-hr. per week training program designed to immerse working/urban participants in farming as much as possible given life constraints.
The UFTP is taught by Co-Farm Managers Molly Culver and Bee Ayer, two Farm School NYC founders/instructors, each with 10 years' experience farming organically. The program blends hands-on farm work as well as formalized instruction to cover the range of necessary seasonal skill sets, from soil science to direct marketing. Open to adults 19 and up. Sliding scale.
* Hands-on farm work on a 1 acre diversified, in-ground farm
* Technical Workshops on Seasonal topics
* Instructional farm walks
* Training Rotations in Propagation, Irrigation, Farm Management and more
* Direct marketing via CSA, Farmers Market, and Restaurants
* Working with youth
* NYC C.R.A.F.T. membership
* Round table discussion with food systems experts
Join Farmer Molly on Friday, May 10th or Farmer Bee on Saturday May 11th to learn about the history of the Youth Farm, our growing practices, educational programming and direct marketing, and to hear more specifics on our Apprenticeship.
For more information on our Apprenticeship visit:http://hspsfarm.
Accepting online applications through May 15!